2014 Spring PKC Business Showcase
Story Contact: Nathan Weller, PKC Member Phone: 509-432-1943 Email: email@example.com
Business Showcase Event Program Announced
March 19, 2014 (Moscow, Idaho; Pullman, Washington) — Several presenters have been selected for Palouse Knowledge Corridor’s upcoming Business Showcase event to promote economic development and growth on the Palouse. This event is free and open to the public, April 3, 2014 from 2–5 p.m. at the BellTower Events Venue in Pullman, Washington, with a social planned for 4:15 p.m. The goal of the Business Showcase event is to connect people with good business ideas to those who might be able to help make those ideas happen. Each presenter will showcase their business in 15 minute presentations, highlighting their business idea and relating management, product and/or service, technology, market, financial viability, potential return on investment, amount of investment required, exit strategy, and employee growth implications. Time will also be allowed for question and answer with each presenter. Those involved in business startups, entrepreneurs or investors, as well as interested community members are encouraged to attend. Those who wish to attend this event may be private individuals or venture capitalists and there is no obligation to invest in any of the ideas presented.
The program for the April 3 Palouse Knowledge Corridor Business Showcase event will feature up to seven businesses including the following:
- NuSpirits NuSpirits is “The Healthier Nightlife!” a revolutionary nutrient enriched alcohol. Other alcohol robs consumers of necessary nutrient levels leading to hangovers, headaches, sluggishness and other body aches and pains. NuSpirits alcohol replenishes your essential nutrients. NuSpirits Vodka is enriched with our proprietary blend, which provides you the opportunity to have a healthier night and have a great next day.
- SandyClocks SandyClock provides task-driven labor scheduling and monitoring solutions. Its patent-pending cloud-based and mobile-enabled solutions enable on-demand task scheduling, on-the-spot task punch in/out, real-time labor monitoring, and labor data analysis. It is founded in 2014 by a WSU CS faculty.
- Unifine The Unifine whole grain flour milling system has been under development at WSU for the last sixty years. With consumer demand locally milled whole grain flour skyrocketing, WSU Design Clinic teams have updated the milling system design, the first of which is completed and will begin operation soon.
- Vertical Garden Sustainability Center (VGSC) Vertical Garden Sustainability Center (VGSC) is a social entrepreneurship investing in local food security, sustainable practices, and innovative technologies within our community. We combine several new and ancient technologies to grow organic vegetables, herbs, and fish in a closed biological nutrient cycle that has been shown to be as much at 13 times more productive than intensive soil agriculture on the same footprint. VGSC was conceived over two years ago but is only now coming into fruition.
For more information about this event or about the Palouse Knowledge Corridor, contact Nathan Weller, member at 509-432-1943 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nathan Weller, Palouse Knowledge Corridor Member P | 509-432-1943| E email@example.com
- NuSpirits, Julie Krauser P | 509-432-1513 | E Julia_krauser@hotmail.com
- SandyClocks, Li Tan P | 508-361-0928 E | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unfine, Steve Fulton P | 425-422-0883 E | email@example.com
- Vertical Garden Sustainability Center (VGSC), Jeanelle Miller P | 425-478-5455 E | firstname.lastname@example.org
### The Palouse Knowledge Corridor is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to match innovation with opportunity, promote assets of the Palouse and foster collaborative efforts with universities, private sector, economic development agencies and government.