2016 Curriculum Changes
Fine-Tuning How To Start A Business
June 12-16, 2016 aspiring and developing entrepreneurs on the Palouse have the opportunity to participate in a model program to develop new businesses during the Be the Entrepreneur Bootcamp™ (BTE Bootcamp™), brought to you by Palouse Knowledge Corridor™. A BTE Bootcamp™ camper meets with mentors to develop their business concept. Anyone contemplating starting a new business or those early stage businesses interested in growing and scaling their businesses should take advantage of this immersive five-day experience.
Vital Business Skill Sets
After these five days of intensive training, participants will walk away with the following vital skills to developing their businesses:
Evaluating Your Idea
- Is it a small business, a scale-able business on its way to a big company, or a pipe dream?
Startup and Bootstrapping Strategies
- Starting your business in a smart, sustainable way
Effective Idea Pitching
- How to pitch your ideas with the most success
Marketing on Social Media
- Reaching your audiences and taking advantage of this vital marketing platform
Sales and Negotiation Tactics
- How to keep your customers happy and company thriving
How to Build Your Team
- What to look for when you are finding colleagues to build your business with
Where and How to Find Resource
- Making useful connections, and knowing where to look to learn
Attendees will have ample opportunities to network and take advantage of regional resources and programs like SWEDA (Southeast Washington Economic Development Association) and the SBDC (Washington Small Business Development Center). You will find yourself in an energetic and supportive community interested in your success. Those with nascent business ideas to those looking to jump start their current businesses are encouraged to attend. Palouse Knowledge Corridor™ is excited to provide this opportunity to aspiring entrepreneurs on the Palouse, and to continue to garner economic growth in our community.