Could Coworking Spaces Help Grow Your Business?
Are Coworking Spaces Your Business’ Next Growth Step?
Consider this scenario
You have been working on your business idea and concept out of your home or at a coffee shop. In order to grow, you need to take the next step in your business’ development and acquire a
- Unique business address
- Consistent space to work – that’s not in your home
- Place to meet with potential clients
- Place to work with your partners
but cannot afford to get a full office space…what can you do?
Thankfully, today’s entrepreneurial ecosystem has affordable selections of coworking spaces (also referred to as shared office spaces, communal meeting places, and temporary office spaces).
What Is A Coworking Space?
It is any situation where two or more people are working in the same space, but not for the same company. Frequently used during the startup phase of businesses who have grown enough to need a common space for their team, but cannot afford a full office space, additional equipment or staff.
Coworking Space Basic Amenities:
- High-speed internet access
- Conference rooms
- Individual workspaces (temporary & permanent)
- Shared printers
- 24/7 secure access to the facility
- Affordable monthly fees
Depending on your geographic location, coworking spaces also offer a smorgasbord selection of other amenities pertaining to business services, entrepreneurial services, and facilities. Some coworking spaces also include business accelerator and business incubator services under the same “coworking space” model.
Coworking Space Amenities – Beyond The Basics
- Business phone numbers
- ”Phone booths” for private conversations
- Mailboxes with unique “street addresses”
- Mail delivery service
- Package-holding areas for deliveries
- Reception and office supplies
- Event planning and production
- Billing services
- Training spaces
- Graphic design
- Web design
- General word processing
- Writing coach
- Affiliations with colleges and universities
- Access to outside educational and business services
- Networking events
- Sector-specific resources
- Drop-in space
- Guest access
- Outdoor signage
- On-site controlled parking
- On-site management
- Lockable bike racks
- Kitchen facilities
- Shower facilities
- Weekly cleaning service
- Fitness facilities
- Lounge area
- Photography studio
- Shared office equipment
On the Palouse
Crimson Commerce Club – Pullman (540 East Main Street) offers phone room, scanners, package & delivery handling, receptionist support, concierge service, members-only monthly networking events, and enclosed private offices can be custom configured
MosCoWork – Moscow (120 East 3rd Street) offers the basic coworking space amenities
- Startup Spokane – offers audio visual equipment, kitchen facilities, private phone booths, in-house business consultation along with networking and educational events
- Fellow Coworking – offers telephone and video-conferencing meeting booths, kitchen facilities, and membership events and social activities
- Startup Washington – listings of coworking spaces all over the state