Lunch With A Side Of Learning Business Model Canvas
Lunch & Learn
This event, hosted by Alex Navarro and “Be The Entrepreneur Bootcamp™” (BTE Bootcamp™), provided entrepreneurs on the Palouse previews of the Launch Pad Business Model Canvas introductory video lessons campers are expected to complete before this year’s BTE Bootcamp™, May 21-25, 2017. Time was provided beforehand for networking along with a free catered lunch during the presentation.
Co-chair of the “Be The Entrepreneur Bootcamp™” and Vice President and Financial Center Manager for Zions Bank in Moscow, Navarro also co-founded New Sun Adventures, a tourism business in Coeur d’Alene, ID. He spends his time between Coeur d’Alene and Moscow operating his business and helping other businesses throughout North Idaho with banking and lending services.
Launch Pad used during several BTE Bootcamp™ teaching and mentoring sessions to help campers create a Business Model Canvas for their company. Each camper uses their Launch Pad account to develop a business plan and market strategies, assess real-world customer input, streamline their problem-solving process and assign team members specific duties. Completing the introductory lessons beforehand helps each camper get maximum benefit from teaching sessions and prepares them for the Bootcamp experience.
Business Model Canvas Building Blocks
- Customer Segments – people for whom you are creating value
- Value Proposition – products and services for each Customer Segment
- Channels – touchpoints to interact and deliver value to customers
- Customer Relationships – outlines relationships you will establish with your customers
- Revenue Streams – how your pricing model captures the value you provide
- Key Resources – infrastructure and resources indispensable to your business
- Key Activities – critical components your business needs to perform well
- Key Partnerships – help to leverage your business model to carry out essential activities
- Cost Structure – real cost of operation and profits expected
Arranging the building blocks on a single Launch Pad “software canvas,” reveals each business plan’s components, interactions, advantages, obstacles and discover new, unexpected business models. The canvas isolates problems in individual sections and identifies their impact on all the sections, resulting in an iterative process of refinement, adjustment and further improvement. Designed for businesses in any stage of development the software captures critical parameters and solutions. The business model canvas accommodates changing customer factors, industry constraints and highlights potential solutions and resulting outcomes. Because all components and interactions of your company are visible in a single image, all team members can pinpoint the impact their duties and bring a “fresh set of eyes” to areas that are not their individual responsibility. Lastly, the Business Model Canvas can provide new team members with clear view how their efforts contribute to the company’s overall success.