Your First Stop
Startup Whitman, a pilot program of Startup Washington in coordination with launch-partners Southeast Washington Economic Development Association (SEWEDA) and Avista, gives local entrepreneurs access to resources, connections and the necessary community support for eastern Washington startups and small businesses to thrive.
Designed to be the “front door” of our entrepreneurial community, it provides one-on-one assistance, mentoring, educational events, and much more. Startup Whitman brings together programs, connections, events, resources, publications, and success stories to inspire you and help your business become the next Washington State success story.
Startup Whitman is impacting the growth in our region for entrepreneurs by reaching out to the community. We have worked with 14 business starts in Whitman County within the last year, they range from soap making businesses to Pizza restaurants. Future plans for Startup Whitman will be to keep supporting entrepreneurs on the Palouse by hosting programs that are beneficial to them and continue to grow the programs we already offer.
An array of as-needed and regularly-scheduled events and resources that help eastern Washington entrepreneurs succeed in launching and growing their businesses:
- One-on-one entrepreneurship assistance: free, targeted, personal help navigating and sequencing our startup landscape, and help establishing personal connections and locating community resources for your business’ success.
- Cup O’ Joe – (1st Wednesday of the Month) an informal gathering at the Crimson Commerce Club in Pullman, WA of business leaders, resource providers, and entrepreneurs to discuss relevant topics, share struggles and assistance tailored to our unique rural entrepreneurship conditions.
- Colfax Cup O’ Joe – (Last Wednesday of the Month) held at the historical Perkins House in Colfax, is a gathering of business leaders, resource providers, entrepreneurs to discuss relevant topics, share struggles and assistance tailored to our unique rural entrepreneurship conditions.
- Resource Thursdays (weekly, on Thursdays) held at the Crimson Commerce Club in Pullman, WA free-of-charge advice and access to certified advisors from the Washington Small Business Development Center (WSBDC) will provide guidance on topics such as legal, financial, marketing and strategy.
- Office hours – (3rd Wednesday of the Month from 9:00 – 11:00 am) schedule 30-minute sessions with business professionals from bankers and CPAs to social media specialists and artists. Schedules are on the Startup Washington website. Sign up for a time be sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 509-288-1317.
- Fund Local – cosponsored by the Washington State Department of Commerce and Community Sourced Capital, Fund Local helps your business procure loans up to $50,000 at 0% interest from members of the community.
Startup Whitman maintains a centralized calendar for regularly scheduled and as-available specialty programs covering the latest events, workshops, and activities for entrepreneurs and small businesses. Our aim is to blanket the region with top-notch, professional assistance, actionable advice, guidance and resources to streamline your pathway to business success. Please join us as often as possible. While no substitute from formal training, we are confident these free-services and events will prove to be invaluable to you.
Free-access to topics ranging from workspace/locations, legal, license/permits to research, incentives and employees, compiled and vetted by Startup Whitman.
Startup Whitman has assembled publications to help start, grow and protect your business that can be viewed online interactively or downloaded.
Startup Whitman was created with your success in mind. We provide ways for entrepreneurs to immediately connect with small business organizations and start accessing valuable resources including:
- Success Stories
- YouTube Channel
- Becoming a Mentor – Your expertise, industry-specific or broad-based to entrepreneurship, is what most entrepreneurs come to Startup Whitman looking for. Contact us (email@example.com or call 509-288-1317) and we will facilitate how you can share your experience and knowledge with the next generation of startups.
- Mentor Connect Program – it’s like matchmaking for startups and mentors. We facilitate a one-on-one mentor relationship tailored to meet the needs of both parties.
- Professional Connect Database – by providing your information and areas of expertise to be listed in our database, area entrepreneurs can directly connect with you for guidance.
- Becoming a Volunteer – support our events by volunteering your time on a regular basis or as-you-can for specific activities. We always need an extra hand.
- Become a Speaker – are you an expert (or do others keep telling you you’re an expert)? We’d love to have you to share your knowledge. Let us know (firstname.lastname@example.org or call 509-288-1317).
- Become a Sponsor – every “free” event, program and resources offered by Startup Whitman can be expanded and enhanced with additional sponsorships. If you can be a sponsor or know of someone who is able to or want to discuss additional valuable programs we are not offering, we are all ears (email@example.com or call 509-288-1317).
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Visit Startup Whitman for a full list of programming, ecosystem events, startup support resources, benefits of the Crimson Commerce Club co-working space and much more.
Startup Whitman is a program of Southeastern Washington Economic Development Association (SWEDA) and is supported by our generous community sponsors.
Startup Whitman is proud to be an affiliate, pilot program of Startup Washington, an initiative developed by the Washington State Department of Commerce’s Office of Economic Development and Competitiveness. Startup Washington focuses on providing tools, resources and practical education to startup communities and entrepreneurs with the goal of keeping entrepreneurial talent in Washington’s rural and urban areas.
Visit our local offices at:
|540 E Main||409 N. Main Suite 2|
|Pullman, WA 99163||Colfax, WA 99111|